A recessionary environment, changing legal landscape and advancing technology have combined to create new exposures and claims for non-profit and human services organizations.
Traditionally, the greatest number of claims filed against non-profit organizations and their directors and officers have been brought by the EEOC or by employees alleging discrimination, harassment, or wrongful termination. While these types of claims will continue to be a challenging, many new exposures are now gaining momentum.
For instance, what if …
- An employee is accused of abusing a special need child?
- Your organization is accused of misappropriating donated funds?
- A volunteer is in a fatal accident while driving her own vehicle, delivering meals on your behalf?
- Your donors file suit accusing your organization of donation solicitation fraud and misrepresentation?
- A bankruptcy trustee seeks recovery on behalf of creditors against your organization and its directors?
These are just a few of the many tragic situations that undermine non-profit organizations. In many cases, generic business insurance fails to address these emerging risks.
The non-profit and human service experts at Milbrandt evaluate your organization’s exposures and recommend the optimal package of non-profit insurance protection. Since most non-profits have budget concerns, we help you explore options to control your total cost of risk. We assist with property, general liability, professional liability, workers’ compensation, and commercial auto. We also help you understand and manage Directors and Officers (D&O) insurance exposures.
Did you know that directors and officers of non-profit and human services organizations often put their personal assets at risk? If you do not protect them with D&O insurance, and they are sued, they could face personal legal liability. Most good leaders don’t want to work for a non-profit that puts them at personal risk.
Request a non-profit insurance consultation today. Serve the public and grow your organization with confidence, knowing your risk management issues are properly covered by Milbrandt Insurance.